Sunday, October 24, 2010

Here we go!

Phase One has begun.  On Friday, I signed the contract for the bulk of the work with our friend, Jason, who also happens to be the realtor that helped us buy this house.  Jason is a contractor by trade and awhile back also became a realtor.  He's been a great friend to us and we really appreciate the bid he gave us as he is well aware of our limited resources to complete this phase of our renovations.  On Saturday, I headed out to the lumber yards to place orders on shakes for the front of the house, windows, entry door, and I also picked out the front door color and lock set.  Dan and Patrick spent several hours yesterday knocking down the outside chimney.  Today, Dan is removing our old siding while I am working on cleaning out the front porch - which also serves as my office - so Jason can start on the new entryway as soon as we secure our permits (hopefully we'll get those tomorrow).

Here are some pics of the start of this process...

Jason removing trim.  We were determining what size window we wanted in that space.

Patrick working on chimney - he always manages to look goofy while working! LOL


Nearly done tearing out the chimney.

OMG!  Check out the color this house used to be!  I think I'd call it "Puke Pink" - yuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment