Thursday, November 18, 2010

Rampage of Appreciation

I went to bed last night after the past 4 days of disappointment feeling like I needed to reconnect with the flow of goodness that I know exists.  Perhaps it is no coincidence that the flow of water is interrupted and I feel blocked in other areas as well.  Our reno has actually hit a complete standstill this week.  The windows are delaying the siding.  The electrician has had other, emergencies I presume, jobs come before ours.  We are completely behind schedule and now definitely over budget.  Last night while agonizing over how far past budget we can go to restore our water I asked Dan if this is what wits end fees like!  The numbers we had were between $1000 and $3000 or more, depending on whether we chose to try and fix the well or connect to city water.  To say we were in a funk is even an understatement.  But thankfully I know what the antidote to being stressed or in a funk is.  Enter gratitude.  I'm going to do a rampage of appreciation for this renovation because I really am excited and grateful to be having it done.  This is just an exercise in getting myself back to gratitude instead of focusing on the things that are challenging us and lack.  As Stretton Smith says in the 4T Prosperity class, "Don't try to set it right, SEE it right."  I can't do a thing about my windows or the expense of getting water flowing back to our house but I can shift my own perspective.  Then, even if I feel the funk of less than ideal hygiene at least I'm going to feel at peace. ;)

Stand back.  Here I go....

I am so happy and grateful that we are having this work done.  My house is going to look amazing.  It already looks so much better than it did.  This house, our home, is worth so much to us.  It is priceless in fact to have a home and to be able to make it our own.  We are adding our own personal touches and we like the changes we have made.  We are excited about the changes we are making now.  It is so amazing to have hot and running water.  To have reliable electricity.  To have a roof that keeps out the rain.  I love the charm of my home and the character of the older things.  The new things are fun, too.  I am so grateful to have a friend like Jason that can help us transform our dream into reality.  I like the looks we've chosen for our home.  I am celebrating already that it is getting done.  It is going from my mind to paper to skilled hands to reality.  What an amazing transformation.  I saw the potential of this house when we first looked at it and hatched our plan to save ourselves from having a mortgage and here it is!  Becoming more than even I had first imagined.  I like having a house in a quiet town.  I like sitting under the stars here.  I like sitting around the fire here.  I like feeling cozy.  I really like my view.  I like my trees.  I like my yard.  I like that we have space to build a great patio.  I enjoy cooking and baking for my friends and family.  It is going to be so wonderful to be able to cook again!  I am so grateful that life keeps showing me my own resiliance and strength.  We have accomplished great things and our adversities have made us more compassionate with ourselves and others.  Thank you, God, that I can see this.  I am open and receptive to receiving my highest good and so many blessings that I"ll have to share with everybody I meet!   I love you, I love you, I love you!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

It works!

No comments:

Post a Comment