Thursday, November 11, 2010

Today's Name of the Game: Aggravation!

I don't mean the game I used to enjoy playing while growing up with the marbles.

Today while more windows were being installed, I noticed a slight problem with the new windows. They look a little cockeyed to one side and several of them appear this way. First we called the store, then the manufacturer. To have a rep come and look at the problem will take 7-10 days and cost $250 if they determine it is not a manufacturer's defect, but we're certain it is considering that even some of the windows that aren't in yet have the same problem. Not to mention I've watched these installations with my own eyes Jason has done a great job on the installs. To get new windows will take another couple of weeks even if we fast forward the warranty process by taking one the defective windows back to Menard's for them to see first hand there. This could potentially be a huge setback! I called Dan and we agreed that he'll see when he gets home tonight. The variance is very slight and more visible on a couple of windows than it is on others. Maybe we can just live with it, but Dan's point is that if we're paying for new windows they better be right. I just hate to think of waiting another 2-3 weeks for our siding, which is scheduled currently for next week. So, if this weren't enough to be frustrated with, our computer monitor isn't working. Can't get on at all (I am blogging today from my handy dandy BlackBerry) and I have business on hold because I can't get on my computer to get the information I need. I can't get a new monitor until tomorrow at the earliest. Jason has a couple extra old ones that might, hopefully, work so I don't have to drop $100 I really don't have anyway on a brand new one.

Also, my van is acting up and the camera on my handy dandy BlackBerry isn't working. The van seems to have a short or loose connection somewhere because the other day it stopped running all together, wouldn't even show any signs of life. We left the battery charger on it all night and still nothing. I needed to move it out of the driveway to make room for Jason to come so I was going to have to push it out of the way. As soon as I slammed the hood, I heard the ding, ding, ding signaling the keys were in the ignition. "You've got to be kidding me!" I said under my breath. Sure enough I climbed in, turned the key and it started right up! The force of the hood slamming shut worked for the time being. I'll be taking it to get looked at soon. As for my BB camera not working, will have to talk to T-mobile. When I purchased brand new BB's for both Dan and myself just over a month ago, I opted to also purchase a protection plan for these way-more-expensive-than-we-should-buy phones, I also bought covers and screen protectors this time, too. I did not for my first BB and immediately regretted that the first time I got a scratch on it! So, hopefully for whatever reason the camera has ceased to function I can get it fixed or have the phone replaced under the protection plan.

Now that I've outlined everything that sucks today, I think I'm going to go take a bubble bath and feel continual gratitude that the house is still greatly improving from where it was - having hot water alone is still cause for celebrating!

Sorry no pic updates until I either have a working monitor or a working camera on my phone. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment